NEWS & PRESS
Enthuse Foundation Announces Grant Initiative for Women Entrepreneurs
March 9, 2022 | News
Women Business Owners Encouraged to Apply for Six Different Monetary Grants
New York, NY – March 9, 2022 – In celebration of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, the Enthuse Foundation, a non-profit organization benefiting women entrepreneurs, announced that it will launch a new monetary grants initiative.
On March 8, 2022, the Enthuse Foundation hosted an online panel, Entrepreneurship at Any Stage of Life, where four women business owners detailed their journeys and spoke to how entrepreneurship is possible at any stage of life. At the conclusion of the event, the grant program was announced by Kim Lawton, co-founder of the Enthuse Foundation and CEO of Enthuse Marketing.
“It’s truly empowering to see women impassioned to start their own business,” Lawton said. “Today, there are 114% more women entrepreneurs than there were 20 years ago. Our goal is to support entrepreneurs with grants that address the unique challenges women entrepreneurs face, such as childcare, mentorship, and funding for basic business tools. We are extremely grateful to our corporate supporters that have partnered with us on this endeavor.”
Six grants will be offered by the Enthuse Foundation in collaboration with corporate partners. including the Alera Group, Daigle & Travers Insurance, Inspiro Tequila, JPMorgan Chase & Co. and SIA Scotch Whisky. Below is a full description of the grants.
- Business Tools sponsored by JPMorgan Chase & Co. will provide women entrepreneurs with funding to acquire technological resources to kickstart their operations.
- Child Care will provide funding for babysitting, daycare, and after school programs to support women entrepreneurs and their budding businesses.
- Digital Marketing sponsored by SIA Scotch Whisky will provide women entrepreneurs with funding to promote their new companies.
- Health Insurance sponsored by Daigle & Travers will provide women entrepreneurs with funds towards health insurance costs.
- Insurance sponsored by The Alera Group will help entrepreneurs purchase proper insurance for business-related items including equipment, inventory, real estate, and vehicles.
- Professional Development sponsored by Inspiro Tequila will help women entrepreneurs from all economic backgrounds to have access to the same networks and professional development opportunities. This recipient will also receive coaching and mentorship from Inspiro Tequila’s founder Mara Smith.
Smith was a panelist at Entrepreneurship at Any Stage of Life online event and spoke about the challenges she experienced when re-entering the workplace after having children. A former attorney based in Chicago; Smith is excited to provide this opportunity to women in a similar position.
“It is very difficult for women to reenter the workforce after a gap in the resume,” Smith said. “Although it is hard, it is never too late to enter into a new industry or to pivot in your career. With this grant I want to afford another female founder the opportunity to enhance her professional skills and become part of networks that can assist her on her journey. I look forward to sharing my learnings to provide guidance as well.”
Each grant is worth $2,500.00 and applications are open. The deadline for submission will be Wednesday, April 27 and winners will be announced on June 15.
“Through the pandemic, we’ve seen the importance and desire for women to have flexibility in their careers, and we are doing our part to make this vision a reality,” explained Kristy Snyder, Co-Founder of the Enthuse Foundation and Chief People Officer at Enthuse Marketing. “Having the ability to grant women business owners the tools to take their business further is fulfilling to all of us here at the Enthuse Foundation.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter